555 Tester circuit
NE555 is an IC which is widely used in timers and control circuits. A circuit for independent testing this IC is given here.
Here the NE555 is wired as an astable multivibrator. When the push button switch S1 is pressed the LEDs D1 & D2 will flash alternatively. That is when output is high D2 will glow & when output is low D3 will glow. The rate of flashing will depend on components R1,R2 & C1.
When push button S1 is pressed,C1 will start charging through R1&R2.When the voltage across C1 rises above 2 of 3 is the supply voltage the internal Flip Flop toggles . The pin 7 becomes low & C1 starts discharging. When the voltage across C1 goes below 1of 3 of supply voltage the internal Flip Flop resets & pin7 goes high. The C1 again starts charging.All this will take place if the IC is healthy.
According to the frequency of this charging & discharging D1&D2 will flash. From these observations we can conclude that IC NE555 is faulty or not .
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
Notes.Assemble the circuit on a good quality PCB or common board. Power the circuit from a 9V radio battery. If D1 and D2 flashes on the pressing of S1,we can assume that the IC is working.
- 555 Linear Voltage/Frequency Converter circuit (Two)
- Smoke detector using 555 timer circuit
- 555 timer Door minder electronic project
- IF amplifier with a crystal filter circuit
- The Monostable Operating Mode in 555 Timer IC Circuit, an Ap
- 555 Voltage-controlled Oscillator with an Adjustable Duty Cy
- 555 firing control circuit
- 555 multifunction household appliance protector circuit(1)
- Pulse Width Modulator Using 555 IC
- 2 ~ 33MHz band-pass filter circuit
- 555 Timer Operating Modes
- Optical shaft encoder photodiode circuit
- ON/OFF Featured Touch Switch by 555 Timer
- Astable Multivibrator with 555 Timer
- 555 Audio Oscillator circuit driven by radiofrequency
- 555 Sequence timer control circuit
- Multi-function refrigerator controller composed of 555
- Cascade amplifier circuit
- Driving Relay with 555 IC (NE555)
- The delay circuit with ＂watchdog＂ composed of 555
- Outlet Valves Control Circuit Diagram Based On The 555 IC
- Two kinds of eliminating AM broadcast band interference filt
- 555 ON 24v Circuit
- Pocket electronic timing hypnotic massager composed of 555
- 555 IC automatic battery charger circuit diagram(2)