Door bell circuit using NE555
The main part of this doorbell circuit are two NE555 timer ICs.When some one presses switch S1 momentarily, the loud speaker sounds a bell tone as long as the time period of the monostable multivibrator built around IC1.
When the switch S1 pressed, IC1 is triggered at its pin 2 and output pin 3 goes high for a time period previously set by the values of POT R4 and POT R5.When the output ofIC1 goes high it resets IC2 and it starts to oscillate to make a bell sound through the speaker.The IC2 is configured as an astable multivibrator whose oscillation frequency can be varied with the help of POT R5.By adjusting the values of R4 & R5, modifications on the tone are possible.
If you are not familiar with the basics of 555 timer IC, and its applications, you can buy books that will help you get a better understanding from our online store. Totally 3 books have been reviewd in detail along with their authors. You can get their reviews and buy them here:- 3 Great Books to Learn 555 Timer Circuits and Projects
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
Notes.The circuit has to assembled on a good quality PCB or common board. The IC1 & IC2 has to be mounted on IC holders. Power the circuit from a 9V battery or 9V DC power supply. Switch S1 is push button switch.
- 555 Oscillator circuit in synchronism with clock
- 555 overvoltage, undervoltage delay automatical protection c
- Southeast Soveran central locking and alarming electrical sy
- Voltage-To-Frequency Converter (VFC) with 555 IC
- Active filter with variable state circuit
- Police siren using NE555
- The main sensor circuit of Chevrolet-Lumina (2.2L)
- 555 multifunction household appliance protector circuit(2)
- 555 Timer As An A/D Converter (NE555)
- 555 electronic storage device
- 555 simple motor phase failure and overcurrent protection de
- Southeast Soveran automatic air conditioning electrical syst
- 555 city communication electric acousto-optical alarming cir
- Crystal oscillator Circuit composed of 555
- 555 Gate Pulse Generator Circuit
- 555 optical control delay flash toy car circuit
- 555 multiple signals generator circuit
- 555 automatic reset electric shock protector circuit
- THE FASTEST 555 OSCILLATOR Circuit
- 555 timer Clap switch circuit electronic project
- Door open alarm using 555 timer circuit
- Electronic Mouse Killer (5)
- 555 Power Supply Circuit that Changes from Single-supply to
- 555 game machine control hand shank circuit