Fire alarm using thermistor & NE555
Many fire alarm circuits are presented here,but this time a new circuit using a thermistor and a timer to do the trick. The circuit is as simple and straight forward so that, it can be easily implemented. The thermistor offers a low resistance at high temperature and high resistance at low temperature. This phenomenon is employed here for sensing the fire.
The IC1 (NE555) is configured as a free running oscillator at audio frequency. The transistors T1 and T2 drive IC1. The output (pin 3) of IC1 is couples to base of transistor T3 (SL100), which drives the speaker to generate alarm sound. The frequency of NE555 depends on the values of resistances R5 and R6 and capacitance C2. When thermistor becomes hot, it gives a low-resistance path for the positive voltage to the base of transistor T1 through diode D1 and resistance R2. Capacitor C1 charges up to the positive supply voltage and increases the the time for which the alarm is ON. The larger the value of C1, the larger the positive bias applied to the base of transistor T1 (BC548). As the collector of T1 is coupled to the base of transistor T2, the transistor T2 provides a positive voltage to pin 4 (reset) of IC1 (NE555). Resistor R4 is selected s0 that NE555 keeps inactive in the absence of the positive voltage. Diode D1 stops discharging of capacitor C1 when the thermistor is in connection with the positive supply voltage cools out and provides a high resistance path. It also inhibits the forward biasing of transistor T1.
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
Notes.The circuit can be powered from a 6V battery or a 6V power supply. Click Here ! for the circuit diagram of a power supply circuit for this project. The thermistor can be mounted on a heat resistant material like mica to prevent it from damage due to excessive heat. The LED acts as an indication when the power supply is switched ON.
Fire alarm using Thermistor
Low cost Fire alarm
- Automobile instrument theory circuit of 70 road vehicle of T
- 555 multifunction household appliance protector circuit(2)
- 555 Fm Circuit Circuit
- Sound Generator with IC 555 circuit diagram
- 555 game machine control hand shank circuit
- The circuit of Chevrolet-Lumina 2.2L
- 555 Bootstrap Sawtooth wave Generator Circuit
- The internal lighting lamp state test circuit of 555 fridge
- 555 adjustable timer circuit for hours
- The the main tech parameters of the diesel engine
- 555 Negative voltage source circuit
- THE FASTEST 555 OSCILLATOR Circuit
- 555 charging circuit used in the silver-cadmium battery
- Driving Relay with 555 IC
- 555 quickly resistance measuring circuit
- Mitsubishi Pajero (PAJERO) light off-road vehicle powered ca
- Outlet Valves Control Circuit Diagram Based On The 555 IC
- The voltage source circuit of 555 drive neon bulb
- 555 power-limiting circuit with acousto-optic warning alarm
- Southeast Soveran electric folding remote control mirror ele
- Southeast Soveran windshield and mirror defogger electrical
- 555 Time-Base Circuit Internal Structure Circuit
- Long Time Delays with 555 Timer
- 555 Non-TransformerDC/It2 Positive Voltage output circuit
- 555 temperature limit controller circuit with heating acoust