Missing pulse detector circuit using NE555
An NE555 timer IC connected as shown here can detect a missing pulse or abnormally long period between two consecutive pulses in a train of pulses. Such circuits can be used to detect the intermittent firing of the spark plug of an automobile or to monitor the heart beat of a sick patient.
The signal from the pick up transducer is shaped to form a negative going pulse and is applied to pin 2 of the IC which is connected as a mono stable. As long as the spacing between the pulse is less than the timing interval,the timing cycle is continuously reset by the input pulses and the capacitor is discharged via T1. A decrease in pulse frequency or a missing pulse permits completion of time interval which causes a change in the output level.
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
Notes.Assemble the circuit on a good quality PCB or common board. The circuit can be powered from a 9V battery or 9V DC power supply. The IC1 NE555 could be mounted on a holder.
- 555 acoustic control electronic cat
- 555 multi-analogue sound generator circuit
- Honda Odyssey 4 cylinder engine control system circuit
- The automatical overcurrent protection circuit of 555 motor
- 555 Inductive switching power supply circuit
- NE 555 time designer software
- The Astable-Oscillator Operating Mode in 555 Timer IC Circui
- Temperature-compensated diode input power detector circuit
- How to build A 555 -Timer Based Motorcycle Alarm
- The 555 Timer Design (NE555N)
- 555 bumper cars circuit
- 555 Optical toy car circuit
- lead acid battery Charger 6V -12V By 555 and LM340
- IC 555 Design Note
- The No.1 Warning Lamp Circuit of the Bluebird Car
- Southeast Soveran windshield wiper and washer electrical sys
- 555 toggle relay
- Two kinds of eliminating AM broadcast band interference filt
- Monostable Circuit with 555 Timer
- mixer based on LM-1496 circuit
- SSB modulator based on LM-1496 circuit
- 555 Symmetrical wave Multi-vibrator
- Bell circuit with two 555 timers
- Southeast Soveran power window electrical system circuit
- Voltage doubler circuit using NE555