Scmitt Trigger circuit using NE 555
Apart from the timing functions ,the two comparators of the 555 timer can be used independently for other applications.One example is a Schmitt Trigger shown here. The two comparator inputs (pin 2 & 6) are tied together and biased at 1/2 Vcc through a voltage divider R1 and R2.Since the threshold comparator wil trip at 2/3 Vcc and the trigger comparator will trip at 1/3Vcc,the bias provided by the resistors R1 & R2 are centered within the comparators trip limits.
By modifying the input time constant on the circuit,reducing the value of input capacitor (C1) to 0.001 uF so that the input pulse get differentiated,the arrangement can also be used either as a bistable device or to invert pulse wave forms.In the later case ,the fast time combination of C1 with R1 & R2 causes only the edges of the input pulse or rectangular waveform to be passed.These pulses set and reset the flip-flop and a high level inverted output is the result.
Circuit diagram with Parts list.
Notes.Assemble the circuit on a good quality PCB or common board. The circuit can be powered from a 9V battery or 9V DC power supply. The IC NE555 could be mounted on holder.
- 555 Photosensitive oscillator circuit
- Sawtooth Wave Oscillator Using 555 IC (NE555)
- Qualcomm AM band suppression filter circuit
- 555 Electronic flute circuit
- 555 Closed Loop Three-phase Multi-vibrator Circuit
- Circuit Diagram of 555 Inductive-Switch Power Supplier
- 555 IC PWM Motor Control with Current Limiter
- Boost Converter Circuit Diagram Based On The 555 IC
- Street light timing circuit
- Pulse Position Modulator Using 555 IC
- 555 IC automatic battery charger circuit diagram(2)
- 555 long time delay circuit 2
- Missing Pulse Detector Circuit with 555 IC (2N3906)
- 555 Infrared Transmitter-Receiver
- 555 darkroom timer circuit 3
- NE 555 time designer software
- 555 Timer As An A/D Converter (NE555)
- Single Channel Universal Infrared Switch by 555 Timer
- 555 Stepper Pulse Generator electronic circuit diagram
- 2 ~ 33MHz band-pass filter circuit
- The internal lighting lamp state test circuit of 555 fridge
- Touch Switch Monostable/Timer with 555 IC
- 555 toggle relay
- 555 Linear Voltage/Frequency Converter Circuit (Three)
- Mitsubishi Pajero light off-road vehicle electric control re