Headphone Amplifier Using Discrete Components(BC549C)
This article briefly describes the Headphone Amplifier Using Discrete Components (BC549C). This principle is easy to understand, but also very practical. Depth understanding of circuit elements, can be more effective to grasp this principle. Do you know the circuit, for example, can understand and buy these components: BC549C .
An amplifier to drive low to medium impedance headphones built using discrete components.
Both halves of the circuit are identical. Both inputs have a dc path to ground via the input 47k control which should be a dual log type potentiometer. The balance control is a single 47k linear potentiometer, which at center adjustment prevents even attenuation to both left and right input signals. If the balance control is moved towards the left side, the left input track has less resistance than the right track and the left channel is reduced more than the right side and vice versa. The preceding 10k resitors ensure that neither input can be “shorted” to earth.
Figure 1 Headphone Amplifier Circuit Diagram
Amplification of the audio signal is provided by a single stage common emitter amplifier and then via a direct coupled emitter follower. Overall gain is less than 10 but the final emitter follower stage will directly drive 8 ohm headphones. Higher impedance headphones will work equally well. Note the final 2k2 resistor at each output. This removes the dc potential from the 2200u coupling capacitors and prevents any “thump” being heard when headphones are plugged in. The circuit is self biasing and designed to work with any power supply from 6 to 20 Volts DC.
Reprinted Url Of This Article:
- Programmable gain amplifier
- 20 watt Car Power Amplifier using TDA2004
- Amplifier circuit for converts the analog signal to digital(
- Hi-Fi Preamplifier
- How to build Stereo Power Amplifier 4W-8W with TDA2005
- NE531 high - speed operational amplifier and its pin main ch
- How to build A Low Power Wireless Audio Power Amplifier
- 8 Watt Audio Power Amplifier Schematic(LM383)
- ?5V Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
- How to build Modular Class A Buffer preamplifier
- RF isolation amplifier
- MOSFET Power Amplifier
- LM4651-LM4652: 170 Watt Class D Audio Power Amplifier
- Quadraphonic Amplifier
- Difference Amplifier
- 18w Audio Amplifier electronic circuit
- 400W Power Amplifier "Safari" circuit diag
- Push pull amplifier
- 100W Audio Amplifier
- Audio Power Amplifier Converter From Stereo to Mono
- How to build Collection of Little Bridged Power Amplifiers
- LM4921 for dual-channel headphone amplifier typical circuit
- Power Amplifier OCL 40W by 2N3055 MJ2955
- Do-it-yourself NFJ TA2024B Amplifier Kit Part 3