Relay Toggle Switch(74HC04)
This article describes the Relay Toggle Switch (74HC04). The principle is very simple, very practical. The circuit components can help you understand better grasp this principle. For example, in this circuit, you can go to find and buy these components: 74HC04.
I designed this relay circuit to function as aDPDTtoggle which is controlled by a momentary switch. I strive to keep my circuits simple with little or no integration (555’s, transistors, etc).
The circuit is shown active or “on” mode.
Half of RL1 and RL2 manipulate the switching and the other is connected to an application. Relays are 200 ohms above ground and at one point are referenced to positive that turns them off.
RL1 (which is off) applies plus voltage from its armature and latches RL2 “on”. The application terminals are set to [A]. The condition changes when S1 is activated, voltage is applied to RL2 latching RL1 “on” releasing S1 turns RL2 “off”. RL2’s armature is then directed to R1. Terminals are set to [B].
When S1 is pressed again, the relays negative side are referenced to positive, RL1 turns “off” (there’s no current flow). RL2 turns “on” when S1 is released, terminals are set to [A]. There is slight lag between relays depending on how long S1 is held.
Figure 1 Relay Toggle Switch Circuit Diagram
If different relays are used, adjustment of R1’s value may be required. For example,OEGrelays (12vdc, 270 ohm coil) need R1 at 60 – 70 ohms. The prime motivation for this design was to avoid using toggle switches for my audio control panel. Another plus, it can be controlled from a remote transmitted pulse. Relays are available at allelectronics.com
Reprinted Url Of This Article:
- Touch Switch Circuit Description
- Precision Oscillator With 20ns Switching
- Negative-Output Switching Regulator(LM2575 )
- 28V DC To 5V DC Switch-Mode Converter (LM1575)
- Touch Switch Data Input Interface
- Switchable Vhf Active Antenna Circuit
- High Frequency Switch (2N4391)
- 3V 3A Regulator Switching by LM2576
- Infrared switch circuit schematic presentation
- IR Remote Switch(NE555)
- Sensitive Clap Switch circuit
- Switching Circuit
- Max454 Video Switcher
- PBS Switch Debouncing Circuit
- Close to The Switch Circuit Diagram
- Transformerless, Switch Mode Boost Regulator, A Step-Up Conv
- 3A switching regulator
- Dimmer Switch (TB12B6C)
- Soft-Action Mute Switch
- Low current touch switch
- Touch-sensitive switch
- The best electronic switch
- Load Sensing Automatic Switch (BAT43)
- Infra Red Switch(LM7805)
- 5V CAPACITANCE TOUCH ACTIVATED MOMENTARY SWITCH