How to test a triac.
Testing triac using a multimeter.
A multimeter can be used to test the health of a triac. First put the multimeter selector switch in a high resistance mode (say 100K), then connect the positive lead of multimeter to the MT1 terminal of triac and negative lead to the MT2 terminal of triac (there is no problem if you reverse the connection).The multimeter will show a high resistance reading (open circuit).Now put the selector switch to a low resistance mode, connect the MT1 and gate to positive lead and MT2 to negative lead. The multimeter will now show a low resistance reading (indicating the switch ON).If the above tests are positive then we can assume that the triac is healthy. Anyway this test is not applicable triacs that require high gate voltage and current for triggering.
Circuit for testing a triac.
This is another approach for testing a triac. Almost all type of triacs can be tested using this circuit. This circuit is nothing but a simple arrangement to demonstrate the elementary action of a triac. Connect triac to the circuit as shown in circuit diagram and switch S2 ON. The lamp must not glow. Now press the push button switch S1.The lamp must glow indicating the switching ON of triac. When you release the push button, you can see the lamp extinguishing. If the above tests are positive you can assume that the triac is healthy.
- Mosfet Tester
- 4-20mA Current Loop Tester(ADS8505IDWG4)
- Multiple Continuity Tester(MAX4322)
- Zener Tester
- Latest Discovery – World’s Lightest Mate
- Full Featured Transistor Tester (MAX3222)
- How to build Transistor Tester
- High Side Current Measurements(INA138)
- Latest Stunning Pictures of the Sun by NASA
- Continuity Tester electronic circuit diagram
- Non contact ac detector voltage tester using CD4060
- Bulk Transistor Tester
- Xtal Tester electronic circuit diagram
- Prize Received by Winner of the Contest
- measurements temperature by diode 1N4148
- Continuity Tester For Low-Resistance circuits
- PIC16F84 based diode tester CIRCUIT (TINY25)
- Battery Tester and pinball
- Crystal Tester
- Consecutive Test Sequencer
- How to build Crystal Tester
- Agilent Automates In-Circuit Test Coverage Reports(6N137)
- LM336 Temperature Measurement Circuit