How to test an LDR
LDR (light dependent resistance) can be very easily tested by using a digital multimeter. We all know that the resistance of an LDR varies according to the light falling on it. At bright light, the LDR resistance will be around 500Ohms and at darkness the resistance will be around 200K. For a proper diagnosis we need to measure the resistance of the LDR at bright light and at darkness.
Keep the multimeter at Ohms mode. The LDR must be subjected to a bright light source (day light is enough).Connect the LDR leads to the multimeter terminals as shown in the figure. Now the multimeter will show a low resistance reading around 500 Ohms.
Keep the multimeter at Ohms mode. The LDR must be subjected to darkness by covering it with an opaque paper. Connect the LDR leads to the multimeter terminals as shown in the figure. Now the multimeter will show a high resistance reading around 200K.
If both of the above tests are positive then we can conclude that the LDR is healthy.
- Acoustic Thermometry Measures Temperature To 0.1 Degree
- Transistor Tester(TL061)
- Oscilloscope probes for accurate signal measurements
- Cable Tester Uses Quad Latch(7805)
- IRF510 Gate Charge Test Circuit Diagram and Datasheet
- PCF8574 I2C-Testboard (TWI-Testboard)
- Silicon with Afterburners ? The Latest Technology that Will
- Cable Reflection Tester
- AC Current Measurement
- Easy way to measure motor torque
- Low resistance continuity tester
- How to build Connection Tester
- Go no-go diode tester
- Non contact ac detector voltage tester using CD4060
- Wire Continuity Tester by LM709
- Current Source For Resistance Measurements Circuit
- How to build XTal Tester
- DS2438 used for measuring traction battery packs circuit
- Infiniium 90000 Oscilloscope Test Product of the Year(A50L-1
- Crystal Activity Tester Circuit
- Bipolar Transistor Tester(CD4069)
- Tera Ohm Meter and Insulation Tester
- Multiple Continuity Tester(MAX4322)
- SERVO TESTER Circuit
- Crystal tester using 74LS00