Latest Discovery – Neutrinos That Move Faster Than the Spee
From our childhood days, we have studied that nothing in this planet travels faster than light. It has been defined as the ultimate speed in our universe. This has been backed up by many experiments, tests and measurements in many ways possible.
But all these remain as just theories, as a simple neutrino transfer experiment conducted by physicists at The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) from their headquarters in Geneva to Gran Sasso Laboratory in Italy (732 kilometres away), proved to be faster than light speed.
The neutrinos had some special characteristics and did not interact with normal matter. As a result, they already predicted that the neutrons would travel fast. Their main aim was to test the frequency of oscillations when the transmission of neutrinos from the source changes its characteristics, as soon as it reaches the destination in Italy. This was when the researchers found something odd with the experiment. The neutrinos reached the destination in a few billionths of a second early. This time proved to be faster than the time of travel of light emitted from Geneva to Gran Sasso.
This is not an isolated anomaly, but has been going on for years. The team has now measured some 14,000 batches of neutrinos coming across that distance, and they say they’ve reached a point where the statistical significance is such that, were they trying to prove anything else, it would count as a formal scientific discovery. But, whatever may be the result, they are not able to back up the fact with any scientific evidence.
Nobody, least of all the researchers involved, is ready to call the Standard Model’s upper speed limit busted just yet. But as they do not have any scientific proof to what happened, they are ready t share their new discovery to a wider scientific community. As this new phenomenon has been taken seriously by all researchers around the globe, we will have to wait and see if anyone can produce a satisfactory answer.
- In-Circuit Automotive Fuse Tester
- Connection Tester circuit diagram
- High Side Current Measurements(INA138)
- How to build Zener Diode Tester
- LM135 Basic temperature measurement circuit
- 220vAC Operated Remote Tester
- How to test a triac.
- Texas Instrument TL494 Operational Test Circuit Diagram, Wav
- Mosfet Tester
- Current Source For Resistance Measurements Circuit
- The Latest and High Tech Optical Transistor!
- Morse Buzzer Alarm or Continuity Tester by IC 4011
- Cable Reflection Tester
- Go no-go diode tester
- 4 ? 20ma Current Loop Tester
- Microphone Circuit Test Oscillator (LM1458)
- Battery Tester Circuit
- UC3842 Open Loop Test Circuit and Datasheet
- Ultrasonic Measurement with Electrostatic Transducer
- Universal Test Probe
- Xtal Tester electronic circuit diagram
- Sense of Time tester circuit.
- Multilevel Continuity Tester
- Continuity Tester Circuit(BAT85)